Last year, our first Library Week was so successful, we’ve decided to do it all over again! The Library is a hub of books, reading and information for the school and during Library Week pupils can take part in a range of activities and events to celebrate this.
Every lunchtime there is something different happening in the Library:
- Monday 27 November: Bookswap. Bring in an old book before the 27th and on Monday lunchtime you can swap it and give another book a brand new home!
- Tuesday 28 November: Quiz. Mrs Slade’s fiendish brainteasing book quiz, with £15 of book vouchers up for grabs
- Wednesday 29 November: Book crafts. When your book is so well-loved it can barely be called a book anymore, here’s how to turn it into a Christmas tree ornament
- Thursday 30 November: Treasure Hunt: Even Superheroes read in their spare time. Find out what they are reading and win a prize.
- Friday 1 December: Trailers: We turn the Library into a cinema screening book trailers, author interviews and Booktube hits!
- Plus other competitions, display activities, and a Book Amnesty running all week – return any Library book, no questions asked!
We’ll also have a Half-Price Book Fair running from Tuesday 28 November to Monday 4 December, open to pupils at breaktime and lunchtime. After school on Wednesday 29 November, between 2.30pm and 3.45pm, the Fair will be open to parents and relatives too. If you would like to come along please sign in at Reception and our Pupil Librarian team will show you to the Library. There will be hundreds of books for sale from as little as £1.50 as well as stocking fillers and accessories, so perfect for a spot of Christmas shopping! More details will be sent out via Parentmail.