Year 7 have been busy learning new skills and gaining confidence in hand tools, machinery and digital equipment during their first term in Bishop Luffa’s Design and Technology Faculty, whilst Year 8 and 9 continue to grow their D&T skills and knowledge.
Here’s a roundup of their projects:
- Year 7 Product Design made a USB lighting prototype using resistant materials and an electronic kit.
- Year 8 Product Design designed and made a stylish clock using resistant materials and a clock mechanism.
- Year 9 Product Design designed and made a stylish angle pose lamp clock using resistant materials.
- Year 10 Product Design designed and made a stylish Chocolate Box, learning the properties of paper and card in a graphical way, whilst making moulds using resistant materials.
- Year 7 Textiles made a doll whilst learning new found skills within the Textiles studios.
- Year 8 Textiles made a cushion cover whilst developing their skills in tie-dye, stencilling and patch work.
- Year 9 Textiles made a bag linked to a researched study of a culture.
Mr J Bonney, Head of Design Technology