Dear Parents and Carers,
I hope that you enjoy our latest Newsletter, which is a rich celebration of events this half term.
I wanted to express my gratitude for your support as I have settled in to Bishop Luffa. It is a wonderful school, and the Christian ethos shines through in the warmth that students, parents and staff have shown me in my first few weeks.
If you have been to one of our information evenings, you will have heard me taking the opportunity to boast on the school’s behalf. I had nothing to do with the school’s results last year, so I can say without any bias that they are truly outstanding. When I saw them, I felt that they would be among the best in the county. We are now able to test that out, as the Government have released provisional data for state secondary schools in England. This tells us that Bishop Luffa is:
- Number 1 in West Sussex for ‘standard’ passes in English and Maths
- Number 1 in West Sussex for ‘good’ passes in English and Maths
- Number 1 in West Sussex for Average Attainment 8 per pupil
- Number 1 in West Sussex for students getting 5 or more ‘standard’ passes including English and Maths
- Number 2 in West Sussex for achievement in EBacc subjects
- Number 5 in West Sussex for Progress 8
For a clear explanation of these terms, please go to https://www.theschoolrun.com/secondary-school-performance-measures
I think that staff, students and families should be proud of the hard work that has led to these fantastic results.