We are very excited to have some good news for you this week - our annual Book Fair is coming to Bishop Luffa School Library on 24th November! With much of the High Street closed, this is an excellent way to get some Christmas shopping done and there is a brilliant selection of books from £1.99, stationery from 50p and posters from £2.99. We’ve made some changes to how we usually do things so your child can shop safely with us. In school:
- Each year group will have two opportunities to visit the Book Fair, on their year group Library days between 24th November and 8th December. On these days the fair will be open at breaktime, lunchtime and after school (no need to book)
- Each year group bubble will have their own set of books and stationery to browse
- All pupils will sanitise their hands before they browse
- The best and safest way for pupils to pay is with Scholastic Book Fair vouchers that you can purchase in advance here: https://bookfairs.scholastic.co.uk/gift-vouchers. Voucher prices start at £5 – there are many fantastic books and gifts in this price range. We cannot give change for vouchers
- Otherwise, pupils can bring in cash to the exact value of their purchases – to prevent cross-contamination of money, we will not be able to give change.
We are unable to invite parents in to shop at the Book Fair this year but you don’t have to miss out! Attached is an order form for you to place an order and pay for your books in advance by phone or by buying the vouchers online. Return the order form with the payment details completed to school by the 16th November and your books will be delivered with our Book Fair. Returned forms should be posted in the red letterbox outside the Main Library, or can be emailed to email@example.com.
You can also go to our Google Site to see our Fair highlights and some book recommendations https://sites.google.com/bishopluffa.org.uk/blslibrary/home. The school earns a percentage of our fair’s takings (including advance orders) back in rewards for our school library, so the more you spend, the more fantastic books we can have on our library shelves for everyone to enjoy!
If you have any questions about the Book Fair, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your orders!
Mrs A Regan, Librarian