Many of our students apply for Medicine (or in some cases Veterinary Medicine or Dentistry) each year.
This is an incredibly competitive area but usually all of our applicants receive offers from at least one Med school.
We offer our future medics the following support programme and activities:
- Early identification in Year 12
- Extended Project Qualification (taken with a medicine focus)
- Year 12 Work Experience in a local healthcare setting
- Volunteering opportunities (with St Wilfrid’s Hospice & St Richard’s Hospital and through Gold Duke of Edinburgh, OUTSET etc.)
- Regular workshops with an NHS consultant (focusing on how to apply, where to apply, UKCAT and BMAT preparation etc.)
- Membership of our Medicine Society (sessions delivered through the Brighton & Sussex Medical School)
- Mock interviews
- Application tracking and liaison with admissions tutors (if required)
The Medicspot Innovation Grant awards £500 to Bishop Luffa students going on to study a degree or equivalent related to health, medicine, nursing or life sciences. Applications must be submitted online by 31 March each year. For more information and to apply to go www.medicspot.co.uk/grant
Medical Schools Council - information on entry requirements for UK Medical Schools and how to apply