Subject: Business Marketing & Enterprise
Syllabus Number: OCR Cambridge Nationals J819
Teacher who leads the subject: Mrs C Smerdon-Corp
Click on the image below to find out more:
Why study Business Marketing & Enterprise?
- This course is both active and enjoyable. To solve business problems you need to be good at communicating and explaining your ideas. You will learn how to be a creative thinker and how to make decisions. You will also learn about the world of business through research, investigation and practical tasks.
- You might have an interest in business, and want to start your own business one day. You may have an enquiring mind and be interested in learning about the world around you, how businesses are set up, and what it is that makes someone a great entrepreneur.
Outline of syllabus content
Enterprise and marketing concepts:
- Explore the techniques businesses use to understand their market and develop products, investigate what makes a product viable and understand how businesses attract and retain customers.
Design a business proposal:
- You will create a researched and costed business proposal. By carrying out market research, presenting data, use idea generation tools, seek and act on feedback, and cost their proposals. In your work on this unit they will develop their self-assessment, collaborative working, creativity, numeracy, research and evaluative skills.
Market and pitch a business proposal:
- You will pitch the business proposal that you developed in the previous unit. You will develop a brand identity and investigate how best to promote their product and then plan, practise and finally deliver your pitch. This will help develop your analysis and self-evaluative skills as well as those relating to self-presentation.
Unit 1 – R064 Enterprise and Marketing Concepts – Exam – 1hr 30mins
Unit 2 – R065 Design a Business Proposal – Moderated Task (in class)
Unit 3 – R066 Market and pitch a business proposal – Moderated task (in class)