Our Sixth Form gives the best chance of gaining the qualifications and developing the personal qualities that you need for your future. Our students achieve very high academic success, mature into impressive young people and greatly enjoy the special quality of Sixth Form life at Bishop Luffa.
For those already head, our teachers know you and are committed to your progress. For those joining us from other schools, this is an opportunity to extend your horizons, make new friends, get inspired and be challenged afresh. I am confident of your success with us too.
Past students have described their experience at Bishop Luffa Sixth Form as invaluable and memorable. I am certain that this can also be your experience.
I look forward to seeing you in September.
Mr Nick Taunt MA (Oxon)
The Sixth Form Team
Mr Jamie Saunders – Assistant Headteacher/Head of Sixth Form
Mrs Sarah Jones – Sixth Form Pastoral Support Manager
Mrs Kim Batty - Sixth Form Administrator
Joining the Sixth Form at Bishop Luffa will allow you to benefit from:
- A residential induction programme in mid-July, designed to begin your transition from GCSE to A Level study
- Good, sound advice on your final A level course choices
- Belonging to a close-knit tutor group led by a tutor with considerable Sixth Form experience
- Outstanding teaching from highly experienced and committed staff
- Fantastic extra-curricular opportunities
- Outstanding pastoral and academic support
- Whatever your chosen course and future ambitions, our aim is to allow you to fulfil your potential, both by studying A Level courses but also preparing you effectively for Higher Education and life beyond your studies.
As a Sixth Form student, you will want to make a significant contribution to the life of the whole school as one of its senior students. There will be many opportunities for you to serve and lead that will enable you to develop personally and benefit others.
Our expectations at Bishop Luffa are high. We demand the highest standards of work and behaviour – that is why our results are consistently excellent. That is why Ofsted considered every aspect of our students’ experience ‘outstanding’ in their 2008 inspection. Our exam results remain outstanding, both in terms of grades achieved and ‘value added’, and those results have allowed our students to gain places at their choice of university. Our success is also due to the outward looking nature of our students, who work extremely hard raising money for charity. The social life of the Sixth Form is absorbing and varied, with the Fashion Show and Charity Week amongst the highlights.
I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you into the Sixth Form. My goal is that after two years with us, you will have achieved to the best of your ability academically; gained your desired place at university or in the workforce; and most importantly as you leave the Sixth Form, started to take your place as an adult with a keen interest in the world in which you live, a compassion for those around you and the skills and courage to affect our world for good.
Mr Jamie Saunders, Assistant Headteacher
Head of Sixth Form