The Locker Room was started in 2021 in response to wider issues such as the death of Sarah Everard. A group of students, with the support of staff members, are looking at ways we can make changes to reduce/ stop sexual harassment at Bishop Luffa. We have created a safe space where you can report, share and speak to people about experiences you have had. It gives students a voice to speak out and we hold regular meetings to review where we are at and our next steps.
How to get involved/report
- Email TheLockerRoom@bishopluffa.org.uk
- Speak to your Form Tutor, Head of House or teacher
- Contact a member of the Safeguarding team led by Mrs Watson
- Report the incident on the Google classroom using the reporting form (Google Classroom code KXLZ24L)
- Speak to Ms McAuley, Mr Healy, Bea Harmston (13Ridgeway) and Ollie Dixon (13Andrewes).
What has happened since June 2021
- We have started working with outside agencies – Life Centre for advice
- All staff have completed training on sexual harassment.
- Students have written a sexual harassment policy which has been passed to the Leadership Team.
- We are working with PSHE to spread the message across the school
- We are looking at how we can make changes here at Bishop Luffa based on the survey findings and suggested some ideas to leadership – PE kit for example
Our Recent Campaign - Call It Out
- Whole school assembly was held in which we asked staff and students who would be willing to speak out / stand up to sexual harassment, bullying and homophobia.
- A large display has been put out outside the Bartlett Hall where students have pledged to 'Call It Out' if somebody is being sexually harassed, bullied or subjected to homophobia